Exciting News: Roberta E. Bassin Guests on 'Ray Donovan'

Here's a press release that came my way and may be of interest to somebody: Actress Roberta E. Bassin makes a guest appearance on this week's episode of Showtime's Ray Donovan. No details on what her role is in the episode, but you should recognize her as the gal with the "soft voice and cascading strawberry-blond hair," so the release describes her.

You may also recognize her as "Lilly the boozy bar regular" in 1987 Mickey Rourke/Faye Dunaway film Barfly—a role that apparently was "iconic." I don't know, I was 12 then, didn't see it. But she's gone on to appear in Rock 'n' Roll High School Forever, Clint Eastwood's J. Edgar, and TV shows including Criminal Minds, Grey's Anatomy and ER.

"I've been at both ends of the spectrum when it comes to my career with highs and lows," Bassin said. "But I love acting and enjoy each new success, big and small. In the end, you have to love what you do, be passionate about it and most of all persevere."

Look for Bassin in upcoming films The Petal Pushers and Shovel Buddies. The latter stars Bella Thorne, who is ABOUT to turn 18 and then will officially be hot.

Comments